January 25, 2006

F*n Tennis Liars!!

I dunno what it is..

F*n JON.

Tennis comes up in the lunchroom the other day and Jon says something like, "Federer's all serve. Roddick is the best. He's got all the aspects of the game down. He could kick Federer's ass any day."

SPutter. WHAAAAT?!?!?!

I kindly tell him that he knows nothing of tennis if he believes that to be the case and he's all like, "No, I watch it all the time."

Whatcha take me for? Some kind of pinhead?


Finally he recants and admits that he got the two of them mixed up. I told him that Nadal is one of the very few threats to Federer and he's like "THAT's the guy I like!!"

Of course...

Then, a couple days ago, in another attempt to get under my skin, Jon told me that he saw Federer playing at lunch and he was two sets down. I was dubious. All I told him was that when I went home at lunch, I didn't see any tennis on. Of course, to myself, I was allowing for the possibility that Jon has different viewing packages when it comes to television, but Jon admitted that he was just pulling my leg.

Fucker! Don't make roger sic the falcon on you!



I hadn't seen Federer play yet during the Aussie open, so I was very dismayed when Daddy told me he lost to Nalbandian in 5 sets. Dad went into such detail.

I wake up this morning around 3am for no real reason. Looking at the clock, I decide to turn on the TV in the living room at S's and sure enough, Federer is playing. But he was not playing Nalbandian. He was playing Davydenko. Was Daddy confused??

Sweetie got up too cos she heard the TV and then proceeded to yak at the side of my head for half an hour before I gave her the "It's you OR tennis look, and you'll always win" but she didn't wanna pull the limelight away from tennis once I gave her my undivided attention.
"Watch your tennis!"
I'm not a big fan of ignoring people, but that's what it can seem like if you join me while I'm engrossed in something like tennis, especially my first time seeing Federer playing this tourny. So to make it clear I do not wish to ignore you, I will focus on you entirely at the expense of whatever it is I was doing.

Like Jon the other day when we were reading policy at work and he's talking to Daria while I'm reading and I just stop and stare at him. It was like, all of a sudden, whatever he was talking about wasn't worth talking about anymore. lol.

I guess I don't suffer interuptions lightly...

Fuckin Federer won in four sets!! I'm like WTF? I come home this morning and scream at Daddy "YOU LIED YOU FUCKER PIECE OF SHIT FUCKER!! FEDERER DIDN'T LOSE!"

He's like, "I was talking about last year in Shanghai..."
Daddy also woke up at 3am and watched Federer win.

The moral of the story is, don't listen to people. Just watch Federer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon Thomsen said...

"Like Jon the other day when we were reading policy at work and he's talking to Daria while I'm reading and I just stop and stare at him. It was like, all of a sudden, whatever he was talking about wasn't worth talking about anymore. lol."

HHAHAHAHAH, actually I was talking to daria how well you spoke in public, :S gues i wont do that again.



NADAL FTW!!

26/1/06 13:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home