January 29, 2006

Good Times and Bad Times

...in the opposite order.



Yesterday was a sad day. It was the last day of work at Sutherland for Jordan, and he will be sorely missed. James is leaving as well, but he's not leaving the company, just our department. Nonetheless, it's very sad I'm gonna be stuck with only Jon to play with ;)

I said goodbye to my environment. Bad times.

I get home after work eager to get into WOW and blog some. I hit the power on my laptop. Nothing fucking happens.
MOTHErFUCKER!!!!
All my pictures!
All my files!
ARRRRGH!!!!
My passwords and accesses and and FUCK!!

I said goodbye to my favorite instrument today. Bad times.

I wheel into Future Shop and lay down some plastic. I was instantly given a credit line that I used up entirely except for 4 dollars. I looked but there was nothing for 4 dollars that I wanted to buy, lol.

I said hello to the realisation of a dream 11 years in the making ever since I was going to buy a new computer on credit when I was 18 and living with Jeffrey the goat. Dad was gonna be my co-signer but then suddenly and inexplicably backed out. So finally, after all these years, my dream of being the one to deflower a virgin computer has come true!! Duel-core processors, 256 Nvidia, and 2 gigs of RAM. Good times.

At 12:30am Pacific time today, Roger Federer faced Marcos Bagdatis(spelling? I dunno, and I'm not looking it up because I'll accidentally find out who won). That's an awfully inconvenient time to air the program for a guy who's up at 5:30am to go to work. And then it turns out the replay of it happens at 11am today: 3 hours before I get off work. So I pointed, clicked, and 3 hours of Australian Open Men's Final are recorded on my blazin' new compy at home. I mean, how cool is that? Just search through the guide and record whatever you wanna see? Hee hee. I'm just worried about what format it's gonna record in and whether I'll be able to burn it or not, but just having it to watch is a tremendous step up from having to stay awake all night to watch it or not watch it at all.
This way, I was able to get to sleep at a decent time.

So when I get home today, I say hello to my tennis hero. I say hello to World of Warcraft like I've never seen it before. I say hello to Halflife 2 for the very first time. GOOD TIMES!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

dude, what happened to the lappy? lets have a look!

29/1/06 09:40  
Blogger Infinigeist said...

That's what you said in the text msg to my phone too!


The lights were on but no one was home.

Here's what happened.

I hit the power button. The power light came on. The system access light never lit up. No sounds from the hardrive or anywhere within.

I tried a couple more times.
After a certain point, the fan turned on. That was the extent of my results.

If anyone thinks they have the expertise help me recover the data from the onboard Dell hardrive, it would be much appreciated.

The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 8500.
The hardrive is 27 gig. I believe it may be modular.

Future Shop quoted me at 80 bucks for the recovery of data if nothing went wrong.

29/1/06 10:50  
Blogger dustix said...

oh buddy. i'd love to give it a shot. i think you already know that though.

29/1/06 14:12  
Blogger Unknown said...

data recovery is always free man! never pay futureshop for anything that yer freinds can do for a few beer!

29/1/06 20:53  
Blogger shes_a_sprite said...

It sucks that your computer died like that, but it is gratifying that you could get a brand new one, and all on your OWN! :)

3/2/06 10:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home