January 16, 2007

Ow my feet!

So I work at a local supermarket now as a produce manager. Right now I'm just learning the stocking end, but soon I'll also be responsible for ordering, receiving, and sometimes pricing. My boss is a nice guy. He's friendly and is also patient. And the hours are ftw. I'll never have to be at work any earlier than 7:30am

It's been several years since I had to spend 8 hours on my feet, though. So yeah, my feet hurt lol. It'll probly take til the end of this week to toughen them up, but I'm happy to be doing a job that's more physically demanding than my last cubicle job. Back at that job (Sufferland) my days mostly consisted of sitting at work for 8 hours and then coming home and sitting for another 8+ while I played World of Warcraft(WoW). Not the healthiest regime.

Incidentally, I quit Warcraft last night on the eve of the big expansion coming out. This is a picture of my warlock who I named Federer after my tennis hero (he's speaking on my TV right now!):

I poured so much time into that game so I could be super leet and pwn everyone and then ultimately I got bored of it. Sure, the expansion was coming out and there would be new content, but it's all the same shit. There was nothing left for me to learn about playing my character. The game wasn't a waste though. I made a lot of friends in the game though, and met one very special girl who would ultimately become my dream of love. After that, WoW merely became a very visual instant messenger. Kinda like an MSN that would try to kill you. So, in the end, WoW was the only video game in my life that carried any importance to the outcome of my life. The booster rockets have broken off and the shuttle carries on into space...


Incidentally, this is a picture of a bunch of birds saying WTF MATE??:

2 Comments:

Blogger darlbot said...

Man, I think you totally have the best job ever! Mmm, to be surrounded by all those vegetables. Dreamy.

17/1/07 10:06  
Blogger Infinigeist said...

Nobody noticed that the tomato is on the vegi poster. Tomatos aren't veggies. They're fruit! Everyone knows that.

22/1/07 18:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home