January 28, 2007

Repeat Performance

Last night Dustix came over and we started off with watching the recording of Federer dismantling Roddick in 3 short sets. Then at 12:30am it was time for the men's final.

#10th seed - Fernando Gonzalez:

VS

#1 seed - Roger Federer


The first set was really intense as Gonzalez had set points, but Federer pulled it all together and in the end was the first person since Bjorn Borg in 1980 to win a slam event without dropping a single set, and I think there's 2 more matches in slam tournaments currently. This was Roger's tenth slam title. Not only that, but he became the first person to ever win 3 different slam titles 3 times each. Not only that, but winning this final extended his win streak to his personal record of 36 matches. His previous win streak was 35 matches which ended back in 2006.

It was so funny after the match when the president of the tennis association in Australia came out and said "Fernando you've accomplished many good things this tournament.., and Roger, you're special."



Roger is on track for this year and this may be the year he makes a calendar slam (winning all 4 slam events in one year). If he can just beat Nadal on clay...

Watching Federer play and seeing how easy he makes it look really makes me want to go out and hit some balls. Too bad spring is months away. Thank god I don't play warcraft anymore. Maybe this year will be the year I compete locally :D


This morning, Dustin sent me this link which is pretty unreal:
Scuba Kitty


And finally, I wanna give a shout out to my baby who makes me feel warm and cuddly every time I read one of her emails or talk to her on the phone. I can't wait to come see you in Jersey and hold you again! Rawr! Thanks for calling and waking me up this morning, hun. It was the best segue from dream to reality ever! <3

5 Comments:

Blogger Mecca said...

rawr mewkins!

28/1/07 16:31  
Blogger dustix said...

that night/morning it all came together - everything you'd said about federer came true in front of my eyes.

29/1/07 15:51  
Blogger Infinigeist said...

I like to speak truth about Federer!

But Dustin... you didn't speak any truth about my pants :(

29/1/07 22:20  
Blogger Mecca said...

your WHAT?

30/1/07 17:53  
Blogger Infinigeist said...

I took my work pants off and slipped into joggers while Dustin was in my room. He thought that was pretty cool that I did it without him even noticing.

3/2/07 17:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home