January 08, 2007

Snowcastles and Sandballs

"Words can't describe" are so often used to...




Dano Bofano...
I remember Dano coming over and seeing my Dad's kitchen and telling me about all his foodsafe alarms going off in his head.
I think eating here at Daddy's has probly conditioned me to be immune to several types of food poisoning. Or at least, more resistant.
I wonder how my buddy Dano is doing in Vancouver.
Cheers buddy, if you read this. I thought of you as I carried the still-warm lasagna, that had sat in the warm oven for hours, downstairs to cool in the garage.




I love when my mind shows me things. Like, when something clicks, right?
Like.. when you first notice something in a movie that's out of place.

I was watching Grumpy Old Men. First of all, still a great movie, even after seeing it 18 times in the last few months. There's this part where the dark haired old man had boarded up the front door of the white haired guy's house to stop the taxman from repoing all his shit. There's like 20 boards all over the door, nailed in. Well the taxman tries to start prying off the boards while Dark Hair tells Female Lead that he's up to something. It turns out when he was so cleverly up to was setting up taxman. Above the door on the roof portion of the house was a ton of snow. As taxman hacks and pries at the boards on the door, the vibrations loosen the snow and it falls on him. That's when I thought: Why wouldn't the nailing of 20 boards loosen the snow before not even prying one board off would?

...sigh




I could be ruling the world right now.
Instead I'm just owning it and not taking responsibility..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home