March 28, 2007

A new foil for Roger

I woke up at noon today and turned on the TV in time to see Roger Federer lose to Guillermo Canas for the second consecutive match in 2 tournaments. It seems Federer may have a new foil in Canas. Canas is only the 5th person in pro-tennis to record back to back wins against Federer.

Canas knocked Federer out early in the last tournament they played (Indian Wells), ending Roger's 41 match win streak. It was so early that televised coverage of the tournament hadn't even started. I felt a little robbed at not being able to see Federer play.

So they met up again in this tournament(Key Biscayne), and while it looked like Roger was going to pull it together, Canas was able to turn being broken twice in the last set into a tiebreaker and eventually a win. From the little I saw at the end, it seemed like Roger was kind of falling apart. I hope he glues himself back together.



While I'm sad for the world's #1, I'm sure Roger will put his newfound time to use training to win the 2nd of 4 grand slams this year: The French Open

I'd like to see Canas VS Nadal to see how the two Roger-killers stack up against each other...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Mecca said...

awwe poor Roger... I think he needs a mew mew hug!

28/3/07 15:04  
Blogger darlbot said...

I had to do someone's I'm not proud of, but I've managed to line us up a KIA with a turret. I'm used to driving economy sized cars so I'll man the wheel, you the turret. Then we'll drive up to Canas and just when he realizes it a drive-by canoning you let loose with those merciless two-hundred tennis balls a minute.

30/3/07 17:11  
Blogger Infinigeist said...

aah no, i can only return them that fast. you'll need dustin for the actual launching..

Canas is in the final tomorrow night VS Djokovic (9pm Sunday)

31/3/07 18:25  
Blogger Unknown said...

you win some, you lose some! Poor Roggie, he'll just have to win next time, he is too good not to.
:D

2/4/07 04:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home