April 24, 2007

Front Row

I spend a lot of time with my eyes

Seeing what's in front of me

Why the light didn't shine

Answer the darknesses under me


Time to spend some time

Away what was known

See if I could regrow this

with the same seeds sown



What would it have looked like

If it had been allowed to starve

I can't imagine a grin

When life had been so hard.


Fortunate


Weighing the value of availability
Availing myself of opportunity
Legitimacy is controversy
the 'oh boy=meh w/e' equation is a function of time
The distance between coherent events is indeed slackening as time goes by
When I read that I knew that it was not a lie
I pity the machine who exists in the blink of an eye
that machine is us
Can this be built and rebuilt and is it natural
that this would happen anywhere
that we could conceive of a notion of everything
what small piece of the puzzle to assume
what grand entirety to loom
what ever happened to the peace of mind
for how many years have I tried to find
where have i been looking outside my view
i told them I wanted it in blue


I spend a lot of time with my eyes

Crying in the dark

Won't somebody please turn the light on

Is there nowhere a spark


Actually that's a lie

Unless you count from the beginning

Truth to tell I find

My memory is thinning


Attachment to attachment
even fades

Why I set out to start this
why I allowed it to unfold
There must've been good reasons
For all the shows that I've sold




I spend a lot of time with my ears

Listening to crickets

Imagining that they say

something that fits this

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That was really good, but of all images to end with, you chose that :O

27/4/07 05:55  
Blogger Dano said...

I agree. Wonderful use of your language. I love it!!!!
The picture, not so much.

27/4/07 12:29  
Blogger Infinigeist said...

Haha. I was just gonna post the picture and then started writing for some reason. I'll separate the picture now lol

27/4/07 17:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home